Gryldenstien Fens

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gryldenstien Fens

Post by The GM on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:10 pm


Once a sailor's boon; this shipwreck graveyard is a gateway into the once powerful kingdom of Vartilin.

A small wooden boat glided softly along the calm waters of Gryldenstien Fens.  The boat was worn from overuse and had a dark, moldy tint in its woodwork.  All around, passengers could see nary a thing but large old masts pointing out of thick white fog like spikes.  Frogs croaked, and strange bugs buzzed around the wooden craft with fluttering wings.  At the bow sat an old wrinkly man draped in a blue cloak.  He pushed an oar into the murky water softly - time was of no concern to him.

Within this craft sat three other people - two tall men in dented armor and a quiet female gazing oft in the distance.  They had all, for their own reasons - traveled to this cursed land in search of something.

The old man spoke softly, "We shall arrive at the haven soon - but an hour or so remains."  Averting his lazy gaze, he reminded them, "No sudden movements, or we will disturb the larger critters lurking underneath."

The boat moved onward, like a spirit lost in purgatory.

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Andris Greatwing on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:15 am

Neil leans against the side of the boat as gazes across then to his temporary party, with a kind smile he looks to them. "what brings you two to this boat?" he pats his rusted dented sword as he looks down to check where it is.


Cynewulf gazes at the young man, seeing no harm in exchanging banter with a  stranger he chimes in "Not bad, the weather is great and the scenery is to die for"
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Emiya on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:19 am

Asu glanced at the old oarsman as he spoke, then returned her gaze to the far distance, making sure to face away from the others.  She readjusted her cloak by pulling it forward, both to reassure herself that it was still covering her fully and to protect from the windchill.  The surroundings were silent aside from the rowing by the oarsman and the occasional movement of water and small creature, and not a word between the three passengers was spoken - but Asu was comfortable with this silence, as she was not too trusting of the others in the confined space of the boat.

Just as she thought that the trip may be uneventful yet, one of the men in old rusty armor spoke up in some attempt to make conversation.  Perhaps silence was awkward for the foreigners.  The other man spoke up, and she couldn't help but sympathize with his sarcasm.  She leaned forward slightly to face the original man, then spoke in a quiet voice, 
"Vacation."

She then reverted her gaze back to the distance.

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Andris Greatwing on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:26 am

Neil chuckles nervously feeling shut out and shot down looks to the eastern side and sighs "so much for conversation" shifts to readjust his chest plate and he lifts his sword with ease at examines the damage its suffered over the past couple years.

His mind wanders with a sad expression grows on his face as he wanders if he will find a home and lord to serve to give him purpose to live. "I wonder if this town will be any different from the last" thinks aloud. A gauntlet clad hand strokes his blade as if for security and ease like a child a blanket or a stuffed toy.


"oh cheer up lad! Don't start acting like a dopey eyed bar wench!" he says while bringing a heavy hand on the boys shoulders. "All is fine I'd say! Got a stomach filled with food, a skin filled with water, and a land of opportunity and adventures! So buck up lad!"

Neil smiles softly "thank you to be quite honest im a bit nervous..." He looks over the side to see the few wild life. "Im a bit home sick"
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Emiya on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:44 am

Asu began to feel some sympathy for the first man who spoke up as he muttered his discontentment, but even so she wasn't quite willing to continue the conversation further. The other slightly older man spoke up, this time boisterously giving what sounded like a pep talk.  She gave him a look as he raised his voice above the acceptable level, but decided to say nothing about it, hoping the oarsman would say something in her place.  The mood was such that she felt she couldn't remain silent without being out of place, however.

"Are you far from home?"  She mused, once again in a quiet voice.

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Andris Greatwing on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Neil looks towards the young woman with a hint of sadness  in his eyes hidden behind a soft smile " never really had a home, but I am quite far from my family..... you?" his face is etched with sincerity and kindness of that of a child.
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Emiya on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:46 am

Asu watched the young mans expression with some understanding.

"Yes, I too am...  Quite far from home."

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Solidcannon on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:11 pm

Cynewulf nodded his head along as the two young-ins talked about home. His gaze drifted upwards as he closed his eyes, the faint rays of the sun warming his face. He remembered the sun in his homeland over the abbey, it was always pleasant to lay against the big willow tree in the center courtyard watching the newer members go about their chores. "Aye it 'as been many seasons since I last bore witness to the walls of my home, one thing i miss most of all is the mid-day sun as life in the abbey buzzed about". His eyes opened as he felt the warmth fade, a cloud stopped overhead adding yet another layer for the light. 

A glint shined from a distance, Cynewulf squinted his eyes to try and get a better idea of what it was. As they drew nearer he started to see looming shadows along with multiple smaller lights barely able to penetrate the haze, the glints of light gave way to peirs and lanterns and the looming shadows gave way to the shapes of houses and... "shipwrecks?" He peered harder and saw that there were in fact ship wrecks in the town. "We seem to have arrived at our destination fellows, Land ho!"
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by The GM on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:12 pm

The boat brushed up against soft ground and came to a stop.  Slowly, the hooded old man rose up from the bow and stepped onto solid ground.  "Alright then, here we are."  Followed by the party, the old man made his way past the shore and into the small town.

Within the town, the fog was much more dispersed and everything could be seen in detail.  It was almost as if the fog was covering this haven like a secret.  It was still early in the morning, so only a few villagers were pacing around town.  Their figures were illuminated against the wisps of fog by glowing lanterns that dotted buildings.  The sky remained blanketed, and so only a few of the sun's rays escaped into the center of town.

The party's eyes were drawn to the old man who continued without them past an old and cracked fountain that sat in the very middle of the town.  He continued past it and eventually disappeared into the fog further south. 

With the fountain as a reference, the party stood north with the calm shore behind them.  To the north-east of the fountain stood a collection of two story shop houses.  Most of them seemed abandoned, with planks hammered into the window panes and doorways.  In the distance, the hammering of steel could be heard from here.  To the south-east of the fountain was a large building; a wanderer's eye could quickly discern it was a tavern.  A thatched roof rested loftily on its large wooden beams, with a single lantern lighting the entrance.  To the north-west loomed a giant shipwreck, but it seemed lit inside.  Finally, the south-west was an outstretching of small homes.  Deeper into this residential area could be seen a humble temple; with a small bell hanging beneath the steeple.

The villagers did not seem to pay any mind to our party.  The ground beneath them was a mixture of fresh soil and dark, mucky chunks of rock and mud.  Besides the hammering of steel in the distance, not much could be heard.

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Solidcannon on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Cynewulf stepped off the boat, it listed to the side as he did so, as he looked around this dreary town. The murmurs of the town bustle are only just to reach his ears, *Ding-ding    Ding-ding* he could hear the temple bells and decided it best to visit the temple before he got comfortable in the town, as he walks to the ringing of the bells Cynewulf notices some of the inhabitants stare at him. "they probably never seen a Templar before, they don't seem like people of faith anyhow. 

Cynewulf stops in front of the doors to the temple bows his head and offers up a prayer before he enters.
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by The GM on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:15 am

Within the small chapel, a line of candles guided towards the alter in the center.  The orange glow they emitted covered the columns and pews.  In the center, a figure draped in a dark brown cloak was kneeling before the alter.  A worn red carpet laid from the entrance to the alter, and its seams were tattered at the edges.  The stonework was cracking, and a few of the window panes were broken.  Yet, for all the neglect, it still carried the aura of goodwill.

A woman's soft voice echoed through the room, "...and in your favor, we shall mend this broken world."  The voice paused, then the figure rose up and turned to meet Cynewulf.  It was a woman, seemingly in her early twenties.  Her bright, long hair fell to the side to reveal her face.  She looked over at her new guest, and suddenly seemed taken back.

The woman seemed cautious, then said in nervous excitement, "He-Hello, I am Christiana Bladebane.  I am the priestess at the church here in Gryldenstien.  If you are what I believe you to be, then you are far away from any crusade, brother."

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Emiya on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:59 pm

As the boat approached the upcoming village and the conversation between the passengers began to quiet, Asu turned her attention to their destination.  A fog was layered across the village, yet even from a distance one could tell that this village was not a particularly prosperous one.  Asu knew as much from her reading and conversations with other travelers along the way, but even so, it was disheartening to know that she would not be able to stay for much longer than a day.  Not if she wanted to find any work, anyhow.  


She stepped off the boat as it approached the shore and gave a look-around, taking care to note what appeared to be a tavern.  Like a more traditional fishing village from back home, the air was filled with the scent of salt and fish, though in this case it was particularly foul.  Asu attempted to pay it no mind for the moment.  The older man got off the boat and immediately left to attend to his own business, so as too did the younger one leave the boat, Asu gave him a small bow as a farewell.  Such was the nature of travelers without a home.  Then, she too moved on to her own business, and followed the sound of the hammering of steel.

Katana porn:

Her katana, a heirloom passed down her family line for many generations and once belonging to the shogun, was the only surviving piece her family still owned - the companion wakizashi and tanto had long been lost.  The katana itself was sheathed in a white saya made from the wood of a poplar tree, which itself was wrapped in rayskin.  The cord that attached the saya to her own person was made of a light uncured leather, dyed a dark burgundy color.  The tsuka that wrapped around the handle of the katana was also that of white rayskin, and created a diamond formation 20 in count leading up to the tsuba.  The tsuba, the disc-like guard on the katana, was shaped to resemble five sakura petals, yet the steel tsuba was more than sufficient to protect the users fingers.  The blade of the katana itself was mostly unusable, as a chunk of the edge was completely destroyed many years ago before she was born.  Therefore, the katana was tied to the saya by way of a peace string.  Its once great sharpness was shown by the pattern on the edge of the blade, forming a wave all the way to the bottom.  The forging together of metal was a technique that wasn't practiced by many in this foreign land, and so many would not believe that this katana was folded 15 times, creating 32768 layers in total.   Not anyone could repair such a blade, and normally she would have to go to a blacksmith in service of the emperor, but this was obviously out of the question.

Even so, she made her way to the blacksmith, and upon reaching a small store, opened the door and entered.


Last edited by Emiya on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:44 am; edited 3 times in total

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Andris Greatwing on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Neil sees the boat man and the older man leave he decides to take his leave and get off aswell the young woman that had rode with them bowed to him so in curtesy bows back and smiles. He watches the two leave before making his way into the poor looking town his heart saddened by the sorry shape this villigars appeared to be in. He wanders the village for a bit before heading in to a taven in search of information to find a new town to move to.

Insides look as it did outside worn and tired few people inside with sollen expressions , Neil walks up to a empty booth and sits down laying his worn claymore on the table quietly and surveys the room silently.
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by The GM on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:13 am

The door opened with the sweet chime of a bell.  As the door closed behind Asu, the hammering stopped and a large thud echoed through the room.  The building itself was quite small, with barely enough room for three people and then a counter.  The boards of the roof were imperfectly alined and so Asu could see through the gaps, making out what looked like an upstairs bedroom.  The room was also absent of any windows, and so would have been totally dark if not for a large candle that rested on the counter.

Looking around the room, Asu could see various weapons and shields mounted on the wall above the counter.  A few moments later, a large, bearded man appeared from a side entrance behind the counter-top.  His hair was clumpy and grey.  He had a large gut, and wore some kind of matted material over his clothing.  The man turned to face you, and his eyes were barely visible; as he was squinting.  There were numerous wrinkles on his aged face.

The blacksmith spoke gruffly, "Hello there stranger - welcome to my humble shop."  He brought up his hands to scratch his chin.  His hands were large and hairy.  He seemed caught in deep thought, with his eyes finally opening.

The blacksmith bellowed, "I am Triskon, and in this town... I'm the one who crafts the weapons and armor."  Trisken leaned back and laughed, "It's an easy life when you're the only one familiar with the craft as I am."  He seemed very amused with himself.

Triskon leaned over the counter slightly, and then asked "You're not from around here, aye?"  With a small pause, he continued "What sour fate has led you to cross through the great jungle of Yervasho - only to end up here?!" He laughed again.  "Pardon my manners, I don't mean to be rude to customers..."


The tavern was quiet and dark.  Large wooden support beams rose from the floorboards; mounted on them were iron cast candle holders, covered in dried wax.  Small round windows let in rays of natural sunlight.  Only a few wooden tables dotted the area, with even fewer patrons laying around them with their drinks in hand.  Sleepy and inattentive, none of them noticed Neil enter the room.  Across from the tables was the counter.  Behind the counter stood the owner of the tavern; a large blind orc.  He had dark green skin and an intimidating figure.  He had large teeth that jutted out of his lower lip; and an old scar across his white, foggy eyes.  Across from him - sitting at the bar, was Cesitas Foreldin.  Her golden hair rested on her worn Templar armor, shining in the light.  A leather sheath was attached to her hip by a belt - sword nestled comfortably inside.

Cesitas seemed in lighthearted conversation with the orc.  Her posture was relaxed and calm.  The orc was busy polishing a glass, listening passively to her past misadventures.  Finally, the orc pipped up, "Ho, stranger!  What can I do for ye?"  He paused to list off his goods, "I've got Vartilin wine, Neberok Mead, Frostbite Cure, and some of my homemade concoctions as well!"

Cesitas turned back to face Neil from across the bar and chimed in "Don't order the homemade stuff, you'll turn greener than this blind bastard."


Last edited by The GM on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:04 pm; edited 5 times in total

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Solidcannon on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Cynewulf noted her caution, and knew it was due to his position as a templar, he calmly dismissed the notion and spoke kindly while walking past her to the alter "Aye I am far from home, but I am here only to pay my daily homeage, for I am just a lowly traveler these days only doings as guided by the gods". He then kneels down and bows his head.
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Emiya on Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:24 pm

"I'm simply a traveler." Asu stated bluntly after the blacksmith introduced himself, "My name is Asu.  I wish to see what you are selling, and I also wanted to see if you know anything about this."  Asu moved her cloak slightly to reveal the hilt of her katana, but didn't draw it as it was tied shut.

"The blade is broken, and through my travels I haven't yet met a blacksmith who could mend it."

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by The GM on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:23 pm

Christiana waited in silence while Cynewulf prayed.  She asked for his name, and then formally welcomed him to Gryldenstien.  When he was done, she went to him and asked, "Wait here for me a moment.  I have something for you."  She eagerly retreated to a back room behind the alter.

A few minutes later, Christiana returned carrying something in her hand.  She approached Cynewulf and grabbed his right hand.  Her hands felt cool and soft, like the touch of a pillow after a hard day's work.  She raised his arm and then gave him a small, silver pendant.  It was a small chain necklace, held together by an ankh imprinted into a circular metal shape.  The candlelight cast an orange glow on the item.

Christiana spoke with a different tone, one of conviction, "Please, brother - I know you have only arrived... But, I feel that Divinitas has carried you here with purpose.  This pendant belonged to one of the sisters that maintained a church far from here.  I got word of her passing from the man who gave this to me.  He did not identify himself or why he knew her, just that her name was Feinin Kin and he once loved her.  He left in desperation and I hadn't seen him since.  I have yet to meet someone that I can trust will take this item back to its rightful owner, or even what has happened to her.  But you are now here Brother - and in your pilgrimage, perhaps you could take it to her if you catch word of her place of rest?"

Christiana looked up at Cynewulf, and took a step back; finally letting go of the pendant.  "I know it is unkind to ask favors of people you've just met, but Cynewulf - if you have it your heart to seek out Feinin's grave and return this to her, I would be most appreciative."


Triskon's eyes took a good look at the weapon Asu presented, then recited back in defeat.  He had a hint of shock in his face, "It's not everyday that someone new comes in first thing in the morning and flashes a weapon I haven't but heard of in all my years...."  He then ruptured in a violent laugh for a moment.  "I certainly am not that blacksmith, nor do I know of any blacksmiths that could craft a weapon such as that."

Triskon rested his elbows on the counter and leaned in, pointing at Asu "But you know, I am acquainted with a family that collects exotic blades - The Rosethorns.  They fancy themselves an aristocratic bloodline of Vartilin, and they own a castle to prove it.  I can't speak on if they are familiar with that particular weapon, but if there be anyone who can point you towards a weaponsmith that can, it'll be them.  They control the land near Dragon's Maw."

He turned his brow upward and slouched back again, "As for what I sell, it's this and that..."

Triskon's Shop:
Wooden Shield

Longsword

Vartilin Guard Helmet

Vartilin Guard Armor (Upper)

Vartilin Guard Armor (Lower)

Iron Arrows [x10]

Composite Bow

Side Sword

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Andris Greatwing on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:25 pm

Neil chuckles and gets up sheathing his claymore. He moves to join them " any Jalden's heat?" sits at a stool next to the to with a friendly smile and and outgoing atmosphere... "and can you tell me any social or important places in town. he looks back around and measures up both the orc and female.
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Emiya on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:57 am

Asu nodded as the blacksmith finished, somewhat disappointed but not surprised.  She did not truly expect the blacksmith to know how to mend such a blade - but at the same time, she did not expect to receive free and potentially useful information so readily.  

"I thank you for the information, Mr. Triskon.  I've been searching aimlessly for some time now, and it is good to finally have some guidance." She gave the blacksmith a deep bow as show of respect - at least in her culture, one would not give deep bows other than to superiors and elders worthy of respect.  "I will stay at the local inn tonight before departing in a day or two - should you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask."

------------

After leaving the blacksmiths shop, Asu made her way to the tavern.  Unsurprisingly, it was as sparsely crowded as the rest of the village, with only a few individuals scattered around attending to their own business.  Asu quickly noticed the tavernkeeper, an orc of hefty size, although it quickly became apparent that he was at least partially blind.  A peculiar sight, but perhaps no one would risk stealing from a big orc, even if it be blind.  Two patrons of note included the young traveler from earlier, who was busying himself with drink, and a young woman wearing templar armor.  The latter in particular was another unusual sight.  If there were a crusade being commenced in this area, surely she would have heard of it before, but this made the second templar in the short trip over here.  Perhaps a coincidence.  

Asu took a seat near the templar and spoke to the bartender.  "Hello, Mr.  A plate of..."  Asu looked around to see what it was he was serving, and couldn't quite discern the food being served.  "Ah, whatever you have in high quantity right now, and a cup of tea."  She handed the orc a lycan eye.

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by The GM on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:11 pm

"One Jalden's Heat coming right up!" declared the blind orc.  He retreated to shelves behind him and began feeling around.  As glasses clinked and liquid swirled, another traveler entered the tavern.  Cesitas was suddenly surrounded by strangers from out of town, and she smiled sheepishly.  She noted that this new stranger was some kind of foreigner far from this land.  The orc's ears perked up as Asu ordered her meal and placed a Lycan's Eye on the table.  "One Traveler's Soup coming right up!", he said cheerfully.

Cesitas leaned over in her seat and eyed the both of these travelers.  She turned to Neil to answer his question, but spoke loudly enough so that it was clear these directions were intended for both of them.

"Well this haven is much like the rest, a little dot on the map where people can still live in peace.  And, we've got a blacksmith fortunately.  There's also a temple here, and the priestess inside is far too devout for her mission.  She's good people though, and heals anyone who be sick or bleeding from a run in with the dwarves."

The orc piped up, "Ah, those damn dwarves - always blowing in and causing trouble."

Cesitas motioned with a wagging finger, "They've never attacked Gryldenstien directly, but sometimes they set up camp outside of town and attack weary travelers or caravans.  It's a particular annoyance to ol' Yar-Blar here 'cause he gets his ale from those traders."  She glanced over at Yar-Blar and said, "You know, it wouldn't be so bad if you charged customers more often for the stuff you sell."

Yar-Blar returned with a few items in his meaty hands, and said with a smile "First one's always free for newcomers - that's what the previous owner did for me when I first came here."  He placed the simple vegetable soup and Jalden's Heat in front of where he heard Asu speaking from, then a glass of tea before Neil.  After setting everything down, he motioned with his finger towards Asu to keep the money.

Cesitas's eyes widened like saucers, and quickly swapped the drinks - she shot an expression towards the both of them to convey something to the effect of please don't say anything.

As Cesitas regained her composure, Yar-Blar continued where she left off - "Some empty houses 'round here if ye looking to settle down - it's mostly based on squatters rights, as we no formal laws or deed like they have in some places.  Other than that - the only things of note are the blacksmith Triskon just across the road from here or that crazy elf living in a shipwreck northwest of here."

Cesitas gave a soft chuckle, "She calls herself 'The Witch of Gryldenstien.'  Not right in the head, she is."

As the day past, a few patrons left and entered - all seeming to know and be on good terms with Yar-Blar.  None seemed particularly interested in our adventurers.

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Andris Greatwing on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:47 am

Neil listens with care and interests as the two talked. As the orc misplaced the drinks and the woman switches them he chuckles and takes a sip as he nods to agree to not say anything "thats interesting" 

Neil looks at the woman he had seen earlier and smiles " hello again miss its nice seeing you again" with that said he downs the glass and sets it back down gently and stands up "I thank you for you kindness but i need to find a lord or master to serve before I rest hope i can cross paths with any of you again." Neil bows and leaves the tavern to the blacksmith.
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Solidcannon on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:43 am

Cynewulf holds out his hand for the silver necklace, as it dropped into his hand he could see that it was just a honest simple necklace not to grand in nature but could hold sentimental value. Then he noticed the true weight of the necklace, not in physical form mind you, but in realization with such an object and entrusted by a fellow sister of faith. He nods his head and places the hand with the necklace against his chest in salute "with the goddess as my witness I shall find its rightful owner" after exchanging the departing pleasantries Cynewulf left the humble temple.

As he walked around town the slight sounds there sank in, but he noticed increased noise in the local tavern "not too surprising i suppose". As Cynewulf entered through the doors he noticed the taverns inhabitants engaging in conversation, mostly the woman at the bar. Cynewulf simply stared at the blonde woman, she dons the armor of the Templar, a very interesting thing indeed so he decides to move closer all the while peering at her. He had not seen a fellow member in many moons. And this was a woman of all things.
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Emiya on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Asu stared at the strong smelling drink for a moment before the female templar swiftly swapped the soup and the drink to their intended users.  Evidently no matter how familiar the orc was with his blindness, things like this still happened.  Asu stayed quiet and began to eat as the orc introduced himself and the surrounding town.  She thought to offer her assistance for the dwarf problem, but she wanted to get back on the road very soon.  It seemed every little village and city had its problems now-a-days, and she couldn't simply help everyone all the time unless she were paid a lucrative amount - something this village clearly couldn't afford.  

"I will not be staying here very long - I plan to leave tomorrow, Mr. Yar-Blar.  If I happen to run into those dwarves, I will have a word with them for you."

As the orc began to attend to other business, Asu nonchalantly spoke to the female templar.  "Is there a crusade in the area, Miss Templar?  It is strange to see a lone templar in a village such as this."  She spoke in an unassuming tone - as if it were not a big deal.  In truth, Asu was somewhat suspicious of templars in general, as it was often hard to guess what they'd crusade against next.  If it were something relevant to her, then she needed to know so she could avoid a congregation of them.

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by The GM on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:34 pm

The orc flashed a toothy grin as he went back to clean more dishes behind the counter.  "Aye, lass - would be most appreciative if you could..." He led out a chuckle before moving on to another villager.

Game Notes:
Cesitas Foreldin rolls for perception to spot Cynewulf Ironheart.  Challenge Rating (CR) is 10, she rolled a 13+1 = 14! Perception successful!

Cesitas was about to take a drink of water from her own glass before Asu asked her a question.  Cesitas said in a friendly tone, "Sorry traveler, but I'm not a Templar."  She turned a bit on her bar stool and gave a tiny courtier's bow, "Cesitas Foreldin - grave-robber and heretic at your service."  She went back up and studied Asu some more, "B..but I got the sword with my own hard-earned lycan eyes, I promise!"  She spoke as in casual conversation, and it was evident that Cesitas found no wrongdoing in her actions - it seemed in this region, pillaging corpses was just a part of business for an adventurer.

Cesitas took a sip of her water, "It's good armor, at least it served me well in the past.  Honestly, I don't think there's been one here in Vartilin since that cataclysm that was wrought on the world long before you 'er I was even born.  They've been more prevalent in other parts of Europa in the distant past; but this placed is far too damned for righteous slaughtering.  No glory in harassing swamp peasants, aye?"

Cesitas noticed the Templar enter the tavern, and suddenly felt a lot more surprised.  She turned to Asu and whispered, "...Maybe you're onto something after all..."

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Solidcannon on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:37 am

"Grave Robber" the words slammed into Cynewulf like a full carrige with accompanying horses, his hope was crushed as soon as it blossomed. Now pure unending rage was building itself upon the martyr that was that hope. His body seemed to be getting hot, he was breaking into a sweat, 'how dare this low life commit such travesty while wearing such holy garbs!' His grip on his spear tightend to the point audible groans could be heard.

No this cant be allowed to stand! This... this... harlot must remove that armor, his code will not allow him otherwise. 'Wait Cynewulf calm down, this is gross and tragic, but you need to think. Remember the old proverb 'He who runs with aggression,walks without dignity'. What were the templar here fighting here and why are there none left?' 

Realizing he was right he decided to let it slide for now but he deserved answers and he will stop at nothing to get them. He relaxed, his grip slacked, he slowly and heavily walked over not even looking at the other patrons. His cold steady gaze fixed on the harlot, he stopped short in front of her and deelpy rumbled "where did you find that armor, and you had best not lie to me girl."
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gryldenstien Fens

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum