The RP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The RP

Post by The GM on Sat May 18, 2013 1:56 am

It was a quiet day in the town of Spineback. The locals were all at work, as sun was just rising into a new day. At the small tavern sat a small collection men and women - and the dull bartender, waxing a glass. At the far, dark end of the corner sat two hooded figures. Dotted around the place were a few locals, and towards the center of the table was a Dwarf scout, just finishing yet another beverage. Near the entrance sat two foreign women, seemingly preoccupied with each other.

The place was quiet and peaceful, but poorly lit. The more rowdy members of the village didn't show up till sun down.

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Solidcannon on Sat May 18, 2013 2:11 am

Bulgruf downs yet another mug of ale and brings it down to the table, he wipes droplets from his beard and orders another round. As the bartender walks over and places the mug onto the table Bulgruf pulls out a silver rectangular box and pops the lid open, pulling out a cigar. He drags the cigar under his nose as he take a big whiff, he pulls out the butt cutter and cleanly slices the end. While he sticks the end in his mouth he looks around the tavern and sees the hooded figures to his left and two foreign women on his right.

He couldn't see to much detail of the two hooded figures on his left but he could definitely tell that the women were foreign by their style of dress. 'Very revealing garb" thinks Bulgruf, he feels the desire to avert his eyes in courtesy to the women but for now he decides to just sit and watch
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Emiya on Sat May 18, 2013 2:43 am

Amusing herself by polishing her katana, Bellows Asakura remained relatively silent despite feeling anxious. Her position under Freya was similar to that of a bodyguard, and as such she took it upon herself to at least appear wise and orderly as a guard should. Despite her attempts at stoicism, situations like these often came up, where she was the anxious one. It was all because of the nearby dwarf. The dwarf himself wasn't that interesting, but the weapon next to him - what she was able to identify as a dwarven rifle - was very interesting. She hadn't seen one like it before, and had only read about it in books. The things she'd do to be able to demantle it and hold it and -

"Hey, you have a stupid look on your face." Bellows temporarily ceased her daydreaming at the voice of Freya, and as if she were paying attention to polishing her katana the entire time, Bellows sat up in attention. Her attempts didn't seem to be very convincing, as Freya's eyes followed Bellows's, and Freya seemed to put two and two together. They had been together long enough for them to understand each others quirks, and so Bellows realized it was really pointless for her to try to hide it in the first place. "I have time. Go ahead."

Bellows nodded obediently and sheathed her katana, then moved over to where the dwarf sat. He seemed busy smoking and enjoying some kind of alcohol, but that wasn't going to deter her. "Hello there, mind if I sit here?" She asked cheerfully, following up her question by sitting across from the dwarf regardless of his answer. "My name is Bellows Asakura. Interesting weapon you have there. Can I look at it? Pleeease?"

From across the room Freya rolled her eyes at her underlings desperate attempts.


_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Solidcannon on Sat May 18, 2013 2:53 am

Bulgruf watched as the young woman sat across from him and introduced herself and answered in kind "I'm am Bulgruf Ironjaw" he says and reaches for the rifle and sets it on the table and slides it over to her "you have an eye for Firearms I see, I'm not supposed to allow outsiders to touch this weapon but you will be an exception. Not many people actually care about the science but more for the evil it can create" He takes another swig of his ale and watches Bellows admire the weapon
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Emiya on Sat May 18, 2013 3:00 am

Bellows's eyes visibly sparkled as she took the rifle into her hands and more closely examined it, obviously being very careful with the gun. Her eyes darted from one part of the gun to the other and she seemed to move her hands along the gun as well, taking in the details as if she would be able to replicate such a thing. She knew she wouldn't be able to without the proper tools and equipment, but the thought was exciting in and of itself.

Eventually, she handed the gun back to the dwarf carefully. She understood that it was a big deal for him to just allow her to see it like that, so she kept her manners in that regard.

"Fascinating rifle... Where did you get it? In Dwarven country?"

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by The GM on Sat May 18, 2013 3:01 am

The bartender watched the weapon slide across the table with a soft screech. He grumbled under his breath and turned to tend to some dishes. A few more people came in, and seemed to be gravitating away from the strange girl and her new friend.

The bartender went over to tend to the new customers, and kept an extra eye out for the strange hooded figures in the corner.

All of these foreigners were starting to get to him. But they seemed harmless enough... save for that tall woman.



_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Solidcannon on Sat May 18, 2013 3:06 am

"Yes it is my pride and joy, my reward for years of service in the military. The drilling for the conduct of these weapons is relentless" as he says this he completely dismantles the guns and all the pieces lay in categorical order on the table "but to use such a remarkable weapon is to understand everything from the simple spring to the bullet itself" and once more in a blink the gun was reassembled. He places the rifle down beside the table and says "you like technology greatly huh?"
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Emiya on Sat May 18, 2013 3:14 am

Bellows watched the dwarf skillfully dismantle and remantle the gun, paying very close attention to his movements despite the speed at which he completed the task. "I do, I love technology, but I haven't had much opportunity to craft anything great like this. The most I've done is work on basic metal armor and weapons, and some jewelry on the side." She frowns slightly, "It would be amazing for such technology to spread to other cultures, I think."

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Andris Greatwing on Sat May 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Delvik and neil sat across for each other queitly observing the coming and going of people it the tavern. While neil was observing simply to spot danger agaisnt his young master, delvik on the other hand was seaching for carefree passerbys to pickpocket and women to amuse himself with. Neil pulls out a silver flask from inside his cloak and proceded to sip from it casualy while delvik raised a glass of water to his lip to drink. Almost by relfexs he holds back a cough when the two women appeared. Eyeing them closely he could tell that they where foreigh but what intriged him was the matter on how the smaller women acted towards the larger seeing it from his own situation he assumed that the lager lady was in charge of the smaller one. "Sir" delvik flinches to the sudden address " oh uhh yes shadow?" Neil just glances at the women and follows the girl who was heading towards the dwarf. " that women over there seems off." Hearing this delvik frown "is that so? Well then i might aswell see what they are doing here then." Neil glances towards delvik " alright but if you get knocked down a few pegs dont sulk to me." Delvik stands up and walks to the bar near the tall women. " why hello im shade and you are?"
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Solidcannon on Sat May 18, 2013 10:45 pm

The dwarf raises an eyebrow at the last suggestion and says "I don't think that would be a good thing, considering that we dwarves use technology to better our lives but others when others get our technology they use it simply to destroy others." Bulgruf puffs on the cigar before continuing "Now I'm not saying we dwarves don't use technology for such things but i feel that we try our best not too". Bulgruf waits for a response from Bellows
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Emiya on Sat May 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Freya paused from drinking her cup of tea and sat it back down on the plate. She eyed the man speaking to her, noting that he looked like a very suspicious character. 'Shade' was very clearly a fake name or some kind of alias, so he wasn't providing his real name in the first place. Why he decided to speak with her, she had no idea - surely, she didn't appear to be the friendliest person around.

"Ignoring the alias you gave me, my name's Freya. Do you have some business with me?" She spoke directly and to-the-point.
______________________________

Bellows nodded her head in understanding as the dwarf spoke about technology. "I understand what you mean. Using technology for destruction is just the natural course humanity takes. However, I still think such technology could be used for the advancement of society." She nudged her elbow, pointing towards Freya, "Some people have completely lost their trust in such technology, even. I still have hope for it, though."

Sensing that the conversation might be becoming a little too serious in nature, Bellows smiled as if to shrug the conversation off. "So, what is a dwarf like you doing out around here?"




_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Solidcannon on Sun May 19, 2013 12:06 am

The dwarf welcomes the change of topic "Well I was recently brought out of retirement for an important mission; beats getting drunk every day to kill the memories of the war" he taps the cigar on a little bowl on the table to knock off the ashes "but as for the details I'm afraid I cant share them, I'm sure you understand"

avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Andris Greatwing on Sun May 19, 2013 12:58 am

Delvik smiles " why your quite blunt I simply want to conversant you seem different from the other lowlifes that crawl through here care to explain?"

Neil eyes his young charge " hope he doesnt piss her off." He chuckles He switches attention to the dwarf and young girl over hearing earlier about the mans gun then about the technology sparked his interest he sips his flask and continues his watch of the two.
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by The GM on Sun May 19, 2013 1:23 am

Before another word could be spoken, the tavern door burst open and slammed against the wall. Five Orks swaggered in, each one bigger and smellier than the last. Rank and file, they poured around the entrance and swarmed the bar.

The bartender's anxiety shot through the roof. More foreigners?!, he thought to himself. "I might as well be some international tradi-" - his monologue was interrupted by the largest and loudest one of the group.

"HEY 'UMAN, HOW 'BOUT SOME ALE FOR ME' CREW!?", his breath emanated from the large, tooth riddled mouth and assaulted the bartender's nostrils with such destruction that he backed away and began to gag. The Ork laughed loudly, and gazed menacingly at the crowd. The room was stilled after that, with the villagers quietly averting their gaze and trying not to get caught up in Ork rough housing.

How did the guards let these ruffians through?, thought the bartender. No more free drinks on The Day of Storms from me.

Something caught the biggest one's eye, then he nodded over to the rest of the crew, who nodded in return. They began to walk over to the table where Delvik and Freya were located. As they began to huddle around them, one of the Orks nudged the biggest one and pointed his sausage finger over to the table containing Bulgruf and Bellows. The largest one's eyes grew and he flopped his tongue over his large teeth.

"WELL, WELL, WELL. WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE BOYS? A squash and 'is ugly date.", the biggest one spoke loudly. The others laughed while a few looked worriedly at Freya. He swung his belly over to face them, then stopped just close of Bellows, and edged in closly to her. "Not that ugly now that I see it up close, eh?", he said quietly.

The rest of the villagers were now clutched in their seats, afraid to make any movements. The Orks began to surround the two tables where our heroes sat.

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Solidcannon on Sun May 19, 2013 1:40 am

Bulgruf watches the Orcs swagger their way in and command the bartender; he places a slug into the chamber of his rifle with the smallest of movements careful not to alert anyone to what he was doing. Then the Orcs made their way to the table with the other foreigners. One of them notices the dwarf and they make their way over to his table as they insult him.

Bulgruf sees the one get close to Bellows and reading the feeling in the air he had a feeling about what was about to happen. In a flash Bulgruf had the rifle pointing straight at the Orcs face, holding the rifle with his right hand he uses his left to smash the end of the cigar into the bowl putting out the light while saying "You orc's never change; Boy I used to stack punks like you five foot high and use'em like sandbags back in the Orc War"

Bulgruf makes a shooing motion with his left hand "now why don't you just walk back around the table to where your buddies are, nice and slow" Bulgruf takes the last swig of his ale while the orc complies to his orders. Out of the corner of his eye he waits to see what the other two foreigners will do.
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Andris Greatwing on Sun May 19, 2013 1:45 am

Delviks eyes gleamed for a second then smiles "well thats no way to address a lady you repulsive scum and i believe you owe her an apology" while saying this he kept a calm low level voice just loud enough for others to hear while making it look like he wasnt creating a scene. " have you no respect or are you just poorly educated?"

See the scene unfold neil stands up putting away the flask and reaches for his pistol from in side his cloak waiting to strike while keeping calm almost uncaring to the incident before him .
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Emiya on Sun May 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Bellows flinched reactively as the smelly orc got closer, his breath uncomfortably brushing against her neck. Although loyal and obedient to Freya, she still had her honor both as a warrior and as a prominent of the Azai clan. Plus, the orc was just being plain creepy. Bellows looked over to Freya to confirm if retribution was allowed, but the dwarf and cloaked figure were both already on it.

Freya, on the other hand, sighed as the orcs gathered around. It was clear to her that the orcs were only confident because of the big one, probably the leader. "If you want to turn this into a brawl, I will oblige. Otherwise, I suggest kindly stepping off." She spoke calmly, but with a menacing tone.

Sent on my LG fuck this keyboard using taptalk.

_________________
avatar
Emiya

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Solidcannon on Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Bulgruf whistles lowly and says while putting the rifle down "I would suggest doing as she says 'green skin' she don't look the friendly type" he chuckles at the orc's
avatar
Solidcannon

Posts : 321
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 23
Location : West, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Andris Greatwing on Sun May 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Shade chuckles to the orc "so warts, she has one hell of a bite. Wouldn't test her if i where you."

Neil draws his pistol felt the tension about to break
avatar
Andris Greatwing

Posts : 251
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 22
Location : Temple, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by The GM on Sun May 19, 2013 9:17 pm

The smaller Orcs were beginning to shrivel up and back away from the tables. The leader turned around and saw this display of cowardice, and could take no more.

Meanwhile, the villagers started to get up and approach them. Now that these foreigners were divided, the town could take back their tavern.

Suddenly, an object is hurdled into the air, and smashes into the biggest one's arm. He roars with hatred, and throws the nearest table in retaliation. The large wooden object knocks into the other tables and crashes into one of the tavern beams, which causes the candled fixtures to swing like a pendulum.

The villagers charge towards the center of the room and descend up the Orcs; who, being Orcs, reacted by charging back at the villagers. Within an matter of seconds, everyone that was sitting down has been knocked over or otherwise dislodged from their seats. The place is in utter chaos, and fists are about to fly.

An encounter has begun.
The following PCs are involved
(In party)
-Freya Azai
-Bellows Asakura
(In party)
-Delvik Rodalin "Nightshade"
-Neil Gandom "Shadow"
(no party)
-Bulgruf Ironjaw

Please do not post in this thread until the encounter has been resolved!

_________________
avatar
The GM
Admin

Posts : 346
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 22
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile http://lunchtable.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The RP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum